Steps for Applying FSSAI Food License Online in Amritsar
FSSAI Food License Registration: How to get an FSSAI License Online in Amritsar
FSSAI Online Registration – Apply for food license easily just after filling the form
- Submit the form to know how to register for FSSAI License
- Get Calls from Food License Experts and Free FSSAI Consultation in Amritsar
- Provide Required Information and FSSAI Registration Documents Online
- Congratulations! Your application is successfully processed
FSSAI registration or license is required for all entities involved in the production, distribution and transportation of food products.
Any individual or an entity proposing to start a food business in Amritsar must obtain food business license or registration from the FSSAI (Food Safety and Standard Authority of India).
IndiaFilings can help obtain FSSAI registration in Amritsar from Rs.1899/
WHAT IS FSSAI FOOD LICENSE?
The Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006 introduced to improve the hygiene and quality of food has brought about tremendous changes in the food industry. As per the Act, no person shall commence or carry on any food business except under a FSSAI license or FSSAI registration.
Therefore, any food manufacturing or processing or packaging or distributing entity is now required to obtain a FSSAI License or Registration.
Process for Obtaining FSSAI Product Approval in Amritsar
The following flowchart explains the procedure for obtaining FSSAI product approval in Amritsar:
WHY IS FSSAI FOOD REGISTRATION REQUIRED?
FSSAI registration is required for all petty food business operator. Petty food business operator is any person or entity who:
- Manufacturers or sells any article of food himself or a petty retailer, hawker, itinerant vendor, juice stall, sweets shops or temporary stall holder; or
- Hawker selling packaged or freshly prepared food by travelling on movable cart or foot from one location to other.
- Small scale or cottage or such other industries relating to food business or tiny food businesses with an annual turnover not exceeding Rs 12 lakhs and whose:
- Production capacity of food (other than milk and milk products and meat and meat products) does not exceed 100 kg/ltr per day or
- Procurement or handling and collection of milk is up to 500 litres of milk per day or
- Slaughtering capacity is 2 large animals or 10 small animals or 50 poultry birds per day or less.
Petty food business operators are required to obtain a FSSAI registration by submitting an application for registration in Form A. On submission of a FSSAI registration application, the registration should be provided or application rejected in writing within 7 days of receipt of an application by authority.
How many types of FSSAI License are there?
FSSAI registration for Food Businesses can be obtained through the FSSAI Food Licensing & Registration System. There are three Types of FSSAI/ Food License namely
- Central License
- State License
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR OBTAINING FSSAI FOOD LICENSE?
FSSAI Food License – State
WHICH FOOD BUSINESS OPERATOR NEEDS AN FSSAI STATE LICENSE?
Any person or entity that does not not classify as a petty food business operator is required to obtain a FSSAI license for operating a food business in India. FSSAI license is of two types, State FSSAI License and Central FSSAI License. Based on the size and nature of the business, the licensing authority would change. Some of the types of entities that require FSSAI state license are:
- Hotel providing lodging, meals and other guest services – upto four star rating.
- Restaurants and bars having turnover of upto Rs.20 crores per year
- Caterers having turnover of upto Rs.20 crores per year
- Food vending agencies having upto 100 vending machines in only 1 state
- Mid day meal caterers having turnover of upto Rs.20 crores
- Mid day meal canteens having turnover of more than Rs.12 lakhs per year
- Food product marketers with a turnover of upto Rs.20 crores per year
- Food retailers with a turnover of upto Rs.20 crores per year
- Food suppliers with a turnover of upto Rs.20 crores per year
- Food product distributors with a turnover of upto Rs.20 crores per year
- Food product wholesales with a turnover of upto Rs.30 crores per year
- Food transporters having upto 100 vehicles and a turnover of upto Rs.30 crores per year
- Dairy units processing over 500 liters of milk per day or 2.5 MT of milk solids per year
- Vegetable oil processing units with turnover of more than Rs.12 lakhs per year
- Slaughter house processing more than 50 poultry birds or 11 small animals or 3 large animals
- Meat processing unit with a capacity of more than 500kg of meat per day or 150 MT of meat per year
- All grains, cereals, pulses milling units without any limit on production capacity
- Food manufacturing or processing or packing unit with turnover of more than Rs.12 lakhs per year or production capacity of more than 100kg or 100 liters per day
- Cold storage unit with turnover of more than Rs.12 lakhs per year
- Cold + Atmospheric Controlled Storage with turnover of more than Rs.12 lakhs per year
- Storage unit with turnover of more than Rs.12 lakhs per year
FSSAI Food License – Central
WHICH FOOD BUSINESS OPERATOR NEEDS AN FSSAI CENTRAL LICENSE?
Large food manufacturers / processors / transporters and importers of food products require central FSSAI license. Some of the types of entities that require FSSAI central license are:
- Five star hotels
- Restaurants with a turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per year
- Caterers with a turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per year
- Food vending agencies with more than 100 vending machines or having machines in two or more states
- Food product importers
- Food product exporters
- Selling food products through e-commerce
- Registered office of food business operators having operations in two or more state
- Food business activity in premises belonging to Central Government Agencies
- Departmental Canteens at the premises belonging to Central Government Institutions
- Food business activity in Airport or Seaport
- Food business activity in Railway Stations
- Food product marketers with turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per year
- Food product retailers with turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per year
- Food product suppliers with turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per year
- Food product distributors with turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per year
- Food product wholesalers with turnover of more than Rs.30 crores per year
- Food product transporters with turnover of more than Rs.30 crores per year and having more than 100 vehicles
- Proprietary or novel food manufacturers
- Mid-day meal caterers with a turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per year
- Food manufacturing or processing or packing unit with a production capacity of more than 2MT per day
- Dairy units with capacity to process more than 50,000 liters of milk per day or more than 2500MT of milk solids per year
- Vegetable oil processing units with a processing capacity of more than 2MT per day
- Slaughtering house with a capacity to process over 1000 birds or 150 small animals or 50 large animals per day
- Meat processing units with processing capacity of more than 500kg of meat per day or 150MT of meat per annum
- Cold storage units with a capacity of more than 10,000 MT
- Cold storage that is atmospheric controlled with a capacity of more than 1000 MT
- Food storage with a capacity of more than 50,000 MT
FSSAI RULES AND REGULATIONS – ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
1. VALIDITY AND RENEWAL OF FOOD LICENSE
Based on the amount of fee paid, a food business license would be valid for a period ranging between 1-5 years. Renewal of food license should be made in Form A or Form B before 30 days of the expiry date of registration.
Any FSSAI renewal application filed beyond the expiry date is subjected to a late fee of Rs. 100 per day for each day of delay. Finally, if the food business license has expired, the Food Business Operator must terminate all business activities at the premises.
Renewal of FSSAI food license can be done at following cities:
- Eastern Region – Kolkata
- Northern Region -New Delhi
- Western Region – Mumbai and Kerala
- North Eastern Region – Guwahati
- Southern Region – Amritsar
2. SUSPENSION AND CANCELLATION OF FOOD LICENSE
If a food business operator fails to follow the guidelines on sanitary and Hygiene requirements, the FSSAI Authority can send an improvement notice to the Food Business Operator.
In the notice, a period of not less than 14 days will be provided to the food business operator for improving the condition of the premises.
Finally, on inspection, if the Food Business Operator, still fails to rectify the defects or omissions, the license will be cancelled. The Food Business Operator will not be provided with any compensation on cancellation of the license and will have to cease operations immediately.
After 3 moths from the date of cancellation, the foods business operator can again apply for fresh registration after fulfilling all the requirements mentioned in the improvement notice.
3. TRANSFER OF FSSAI LICENSE
In case of death of the FSSAI license holder, the FSSAI license can be transferred to the legal representative or any family member of the deceased holder. The legal representative or the family member must apply to the concerned Authority to transfer the license in his/her favor.
Post verification, the application can be approved or refused by the Authority. However, the FSSAI License Authority cannot refuse the request without giving the applicant an opportunity of being heard.
What is the FSSAI Registration (Food License) Processing Fee in Amritsar?
Pay as you go grow pricing
All Inclusive Pricing – No Hidden Cost
Includes government fee of upto Rs.2000 applicable for restaurants and small food businesses. Extra charge of Rs.3000 government fee will be applicable for medium sized food businesses.
PUNISHMENT FOR CARRYING OUT A BUSINESS WITHOUT FSSAI LICENSE
The Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 was established to consolidate the laws relating to food and to establish the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) for laying down science-based standards for articles of food and to regulate their manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and import, to ensure availability of safe and wholesome food for human consumption.
Therefore, in an effort to regulate the food industry, the FSSAI Act prescribes a number of penalties and offenses for contravening.
If any person or food business operator (except the persons exempted from licensing under sub-section (2) of section 31 of this Act), himself or by any person on his behalf who is required to obtain license, manufacturers, sells, stores or distributes or imports any article of food without license, shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to six months and also with a fine which may extend to five lakh rupees.
Penalties Related With The Non-compliance with FSSAI Act, 2006
Penalties associated with the Non-compliance are listed below:
|1||Quality of the Food not associated with the Compliance under the Act||2 Lakh Petty manufacturer – 25,000/-|
|2||Misbranded Food||3 Lakh|
|3||Degrade Food standard||5 Lakh|
|4||Misleading advertisement & false information||10 Lakh|
|5||Fails to comply with direction of the Food safety officer||2 Lakh|
|6||Extraneous food matter||1 Lakh|
|7||Unhygienic manufacturers or processing||1 Lakh|
FAQs on FSSAI Food License:
Who requires a FSSAI license?
All the Food Business Owners operating in India need to get registered. FBOs with turnover more than 12lac p.a need to get registered and licensed. Businesses like hotels, café, packaged food fall under FSSAI license scheme. The detailed list of businesses that need license is mentioned in detail under Schedule1 of FSS act 2011.
How much does a FSSAI license cost?
Basic plan to get a FSSAI food license starts at Rs 1899 at Amritsar.
Is it easy to get a FSSAI license?
Yes, it’s easy to get a FSSAI license provided you follow all the procedures and present all the required documents when needed. Though the decision of approving the request for registration and licensing is solely in the hands of the FSSAI officials, you only have to make sure that you comply with the pre-defined set rules and standards to get the license.
How much time will it take to get a FSSAI food license?
You will get your FSSAI license within 30 days of filling out your application and submitting the required fee, and you will receive the notification for inspection by the officer within 7 days of your registration. A basic registration license takes upto 7-10 days.
How can I pay the FSSAI fee?
You can follow the online payment method on the registration portal and opt for payment through debit card or other options available or contact us for any query.
How can I get a FSSAI license online?
To get the FSSAI license you need to go to https://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in/index.aspx and log in or sign up to your account. Fill up the Form A and Form B, and present the required document along with the fee
When FSSAI is required?
FSSAI is required when you want to enter the food business market of India as a Food Business Operator.
Why is FSSAI license required?
FSSAI license is important for any food business operator operating in India. It is meant for regulating the food business sector and maintaining a standard quality throughout the country. FSSAI license is a legal approval that you can operate your food business or sell your edible item in India, as you have surpassed the requirements set in FSS Act 2006. It increases the credibility of business and makes sure the set standards are maintained.
We have shared all the necessary details you require to get yourself the FSSAI license in Amritsar. If you need further info to talk to expert professionals. Keep following our blogs to keep yourself updated with the latest news.