Export of COVID 19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits
Export of COVID 19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits
Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) has invited the application for the export of COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits vides Trade Notice No. 16/2021-2022 dated 17th August 2021. DGFT has fixed the export quota of COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits from July 2021 to September 2021. The firm applying for the export authorization should be the manufacturer of COVID 19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits
The exporters are requested to apply for the license by filling out the application online through the DGFT’s ECOM system for Export Authorization (Non-SCOMET Restricted Items). The present article briefs the Procedure and Criteria for the Export of COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits.
The Gist of DGFT Notification
The Trade Notice on 17th August 2021 has outlined the procedure and Criteria for submitting and approving applications for the export of COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits.
- The DGFT announced that the export quota for COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits had been fixed and shipment will be allowed only based on the export quota.
- The exporter (only manufacturers) can apply for export authorization as Non-SCOMET Restricted items and exports are not required to forward any hard copy of the application via email or post to DGFT.
- Exporters who have already filed an online application for the export of these COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits need not apply again even though they need to submit the required documents through [email protected], mentioning the file number in the subject of the mail.
Export Quota for COVID 19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits
The DGFT has fixed exported export quota for COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits for July, August, and September 2021.
|1||Covid 19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits||1176 Lakhs Kits|
Prescribed Date for Application Submission
The application filed for the export of COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits from 20th August to 30h August 2021 will only be considered for the issue of export authorization. All applications to export Diagnostic Kits will be processed per the Handbook Procedure.
Note: Only one application per Import Export Code will be considered during the month.
The validity of Export Authorization/License
The validity of Export Authorization for the export of COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits is six months from the date of the issue.
Criteria for Issuance of Export License
As per the DGFT guidelines, the below-mentioned eligibility criteria are applicable for the issuance of Export licenses:
- The firm applying for the export license should be the COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits manufacturer.
- The applicant must submit the following documents to DGFT to obtain the Export License.
- Documentary proof of manufacturing of COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits.
- Copy of Purchase order or Invoice
- Copy of the Import Export Code of the Firm
The manufacturer must submit an undertaking duly signed by the authorized signatory on company letterhead. The manufacturer certifies that all domestic commitments have been fulfilled as of date.
Note: All documents must be duly self–attested by the authorized person of the firm.
Procedure to get the License for Export of Antigen Testing Kits
The exporter can obtain the Export Authorization of Non-SCOMET Restricted items by applying DGFT‘s ECOM application module. After a successful login using the ECOM application module through Digital Certificate on the new DGFT website, the ECOM Reference number will be displayed.
After providing the following details, the exporter must upload all supporting documents (refer to above).
- Shipment Details
- Details of Products to be exported
- Details of foreign Buyer or Consignee
Once the DGFT accepts the license request, the export authorization for the shipment of Antigen Testing Kits will be issued.
Click here to learn more about the Procedure to Obtain Export Authorization of Non-SCOMET Restricted items.
Other Conditions to Get Export License
- All the relevant documents, as specified above, must be submitted along with the application to verify the eligibility criteria and to issue an export license.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for any allocation.
- Any application received through email or submitted outside the timeline specified will not be considered for the monthly quota.
The DGFT’s notification about the Export of COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits is attached below for reference.Export of COVID 19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits
Import Export Code
The Import Export Code is a primary document that is necessary for commencing Import-export activities. For exporting or importing any goods or services the IE code is to be obtained.IEC has numerous benefits for the growth of the business. Certainly, you cannot ignore the necessity of IE code registration as it is mandatory. You can apply for an Import Export code through IndiaFilings and obtain it within 6 to 7 days.