Export of COVID 19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits
Export of COVID 19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits
Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) has invited the application for the export of COVID 19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits vides a Trade Notice No. 16/2021-2022 dated 17th August 2021. DGFT has fixed the export quota of COVID 19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits for the period from July 2021 to September 2021. The firm applies for the export authorization should be the manufacture of COVID 19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits
The exporters are requested to apply for the license by filling the application online through the DGFT’s ECOM system for Export Authorization (Non-SCOMET Restricted Items). The present article briefs the Procedure and Criteria for Export of COVID 19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits
The Gist of DGFT Notification
The Trade Notice on 17th August 2021 has outlined the detailed Procedure and Criteria for submission and approval of applications for the export of COVID 19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits.
- The DGFT announced that the export quota for COVID 19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits has been fixed and shipment will be allowed only based on the export quota.
- The exporter (only manufacturers) can apply for export authorization as Non-SCOMET Restricted items and exports are not required to forward any hard copy of the application via email or post to DGFT.
- Exporters who have already filed an online application for the export of these COVID 19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits need not apply again. Even though, they need to submit the required documents through [email protected] mentioning the file number in the subject of the mail.
Export Quota for COVID 19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits
The DGFT has fixed exported export quota for COVID 19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits for July, August, and September 2021.
|1||Covid 19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits||1176 Lakhs Kits|
Prescribed Date for Application Submission
The application filed for the export of COVID 19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits from 20th August to 30h August 2021 will only be considered for the issue of export authorization. All applications for the export of Diagnostic Kits will be processed as per the Handbook Procedure.
Note: Only one application per Import Export Code will be considered during the month.
The validity of Export Authorization/License
The validity of Export Authorization for the export of COVID 19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits is 6 months from the date of the issue.
Criteria for Issuance of Export License
As per the DGFT guidelines, the below-mentioned eligibility criteria are applicable for the issuance of Export licenses:
- The firm that applies for the export license should be the manufacture of COVID 19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits.
- The applicant needs to submit the following documents to DGFT for obtaining the Export License
- Documentary proof of manufacturing of COVID 19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits.
- Copy of Purchase order or Invoice
- Copy of the Import Export Code of the Firm
The manufacture needs to submit an undertaking duly signed by the authorized signatory on company letterhead. The manufacturer certifying that all domestic commitments have been fulfilled as of date.
Note: All documents must be duly self–attested by the authorized person of the firm.
Procedure to get the License for Export of Antigen Testing Kits
The exporter can obtain the Export Authorization of Non-SCOMET Restricted items by applying DGFT‘s ECOM application module. After a successful login using the ECOM application module through Digital Certificate on the new DGFT website, the ECOM Reference number will be displayed.
After providing the following details, the exporter needs to upload all supporting documents (refer to above).
- Shipment Details
- Details of Products to be exported
- Details of foreign Buyer or Consignee
Once the DGFT accepted the license request, the export authorization for the shipment of Antigen Testing Kits will be issued.
Click here to know more about Procedure to Obtain Export Authorization of Non-SCOMET Restricted items
Other Conditions to Get Export License
- All the relevant documents as specified above must be submitted along with the application to verify the eligibility criteria and to issue an export license.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for any allocation.
- Any application received through email or submitted outside the timeline specified will not be considered for the monthly quota.
The DGFT’s notification about the Export of COVID 19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits is attached below for reference.Export of COVID 19 Rapid Antigen Testing Kits