DGFT Extended the Date for e-filing of Non-Preferential Certificate of Origin (CoO) to 31st October 2021
Extension of Date for e-Filing of Non-Preferential Certificate of Origin (CoO)
The Director-General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) has extended the Date for Mandatory electronic filing of Non-Preferential Certificate of Origin (CoO) through the Common Digital Platform vides a Trade Notice No. 19/2021-2022 dated 1st October 2021.
With this notification, DGFT informed that the electronic platform for Certificate of Origin (CoO) which was made live for issuing preferential certificates under different FTAs has now been expanded to facilitate electronic application for Non-Preferential Certificates of Origin as well. The current article briefs the extension so provided.
Certificate of Origin
A Certificate of Origin is a certificate that is used to identify the country of manufacturing any goods or commodity. The Certificate of Origin provides the details of the product, its destination, and the countries of export.
It is a necessary document for export or cross-border trades, as agreed upon by trade agreements and treaties by nations.
Non-preferential Certificate of Origin
This type of Certificate of Origin states that the goods being exported are not provided any preferential tariff treatment and the due duties must be levied upon the goods that are being moved.
Click here to know more about the Documents Required, Fee, Exporter Registration Procedure to Apply for Non – Preferential Certificate of Origin (CoO NP)
Preferential Certificate of Origin
This type of Certificate of Origin is given towards goods that are subject to preferential tariff treatment in the payment of duties.
Extension of Date for e-Filing of Non-Preferential CoO
DGFT informed that the date for Mandatory electronic filing of Non-Preferential Certificate of Origin (CoO) through the Common Digital Platform is extended to 31st October 2021
- At the request of certain associations, the existing system of manual or paper-based submission and processing of non-preferential CoO applications is being extended further and the online system is not being made mandatory.
- This option of submission and issuance of Non-Preferential CoO by the issuing agencies through their paper-based systems may continue further up to 31st October 2021
- All Agencies as notified under Appendix-2E are required to ensure the onboarding exercise is completed latest by 31st October 2021. The concerned agencies may reach out over email to [email protected]]gov. in for any guidance or clarifications regarding the on-boarding process.
Earlier vide a notification dated 19.07.2021, DGFT announced the extension for Mandatory electronic filing of Non-Preferential Certificate of Origin (CoO) through the Common Digital Platform to 1st October 2021. Now with this notification, DGFT announced that the last date for e-Filing of CoO (Non-Preferential) is 31.10.2021.
Important Announcement to Exporter
The given Non – Preferential Certificate of Origin applications for exports need to be submitted through the e-CoO platform to the designated issuing agencies.
No manual application for such a CoO should be submitted to an issuing agency after 31st October 2021. Any manual applications submitted before the prescribed date may however be processed by the issuing agencies.
Manual Submission of GSP CoO applications
- Applications for Non – Preferential Certificate of Origin need to be submitted through the e-CoO platform with effect from 15th April 2021. However, there shall be a transition period for CoO (NP) issuing agencies to onboard this common digital platform.
- Submitting CoO (NP) applications on this online platform shall not be mandatory for the exporters in the immediate.
- The existing procedure of submitting paper CoO applications directly to the designated issuing agency shall also be in operation in parallel.
- Submission and issuance of CoO (NP) by the issuing agencies through their paper-based system may continue up to 31st October 2021 or until further orders.
Note: However, on the request of certain Chambers/Associations the existing system of submitting and processing non-preferential CoO applications in manual/paper mode is being allowed for the time being and the online system is not being made mandatory.
The DGFT’s notification about the Extension of Date for Mandatory electronic filing of Non-Preferential Certificate of Origin (CoO) is as follows:Trade Notice 19-Extension of Deadline for NP CoOs