Crompton – Startup India Design Challenge
Crompton – Startup India Design Challenge
Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Ltd. has announced to launch its first-ever Startup India Design Challenge. In collaboration with Start-Up India, this competition is curated for budding startups and entrepreneurs to identify innovative technologies and business ideas that will transform the future of the consumer electrical industry.
The top 4 finalists of the competition will get the opportunity to co-create/co-innovate/engage with Crompton and build a tailor-made innovation that will advance their growth and accelerate their business to a new level potentially becoming a technology partner, mentor, or supplier to Crompton.
The objective of the Crompton – Startup India Design Challenge
The primary objective of this challenge is to find out the best solution from the Indian startups for some of the prevalent challenges that Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Ltd listed out and is seeking solutions for.
For the Challenge, Crompton is inviting technologists, inventors, and start-ups from the field of home appliances to develop products that have some breakthrough innovation and never before seen applications
Eligible Startup for Startup India Design Challenge
The following type of startups can apply for the Startup India Design Challenge:
- Ideation Stage Startup
- Validation Stage Startup
- Early Traction Startup
- Scaling Stage Startup
- Any Indian Startups, SMEs, Entrepreneurs, and academia can apply for the Challange
- Employees of the Company, its Affiliates, distributors, appointed agency/entity holding the Challenge, their families, and immediate relatives are not eligible to participate in the program.
- The Crompton – Startup India Design Challenge is valid for Indian nationals residing in India who are 21 years of age or above
Any of the following stages of the startup can apply for the Crompton – Startup India Design Challenge:
- Any Indian Startups, SMEs, Entrepreneurs, and academia can apply for the Challenge
- Employees of the Company, its Affiliates, distributors, appointed agency/entity holding the Challenge, their families, and immediate relatives are not eligible to participate in the program
- Technology or innovation proof of concept (POC) is ready
- Market Ready Product
- The deployed solution which requires further scaling up
- The product or technology should be tangible with the expected technology or Innovation
- The patented technology will be preferred
The following benefits are offered to Crompton – Startup India Design Challenge:
- Crompton – Startup India Design Challenge is a brilliant platform for startups to showcase their innovation while getting the opportunity for co-creation with Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Limited.
- Top 4 startups will be selected for the collaboration and they will be getting an opportunity to build the tailor-made prototype for Crompton.
- As an additional benefit, the selected companies will get the opportunity to become technology partners or suppliers to Crompton
Crompton – Startup India Design Challenge is looking to collaborate & work with startups in any of the following themes:
- Advertising And Architecture Interior Design
- Ar Vr (Augmented + Virtual Reality)
- Automotive And Art & Photography
- Animation And Computer Vision
- Construction And Agriculture
- Green Technology And Fashion
- Food & Beverages
- Design, Education, And Renewable Energy
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Internet Of Things And Marketing
- Media & Entertainment
- Retail, Sports And Social Impact
- Social Network, Textiles & Apparel
- Transportation & Storage
- Logistics, Travel & Tourism
- Safety, Passenger Experience, And Waste Management
- Toys And Games
Themes for challenges
- Energy efficiency
- Health & Hygiene
Crompton is planning to onboard 4 start-ups through this program, the following fiscal incentives will be made available to each selected start-up.
- Selected 4 start-ups will get 3 lakhs each as the cash grant for tailored prototype as per Crompton requirement
- The total cash grant is 12 lakhs
Crompton is planning to onboard 4 start-ups through this program, the following non-fiscal incentives will be made available to each selected start-up.
- Opportunity to co-develop solutions with Crompton during the prototype development
- Access to Crompton and eco partner LAB and facility
- Access to Crompton experience and innovation Centre for testing and validation
- Crompton subject matter expert (SME) mentoring for the industrializing
- Support in customer discovery and product validation
TimeLine of Crompton Innovation Challenge
|Application Start Date||24th January 2022|
|Application End Date||20th March 2022|
|Application Result Date||20th May 2022|
The Design Challenge is inviting Technologists, Inventors, and Startups from the field of home appliances to showcase their innovation and demonstrate their differentiated solutions in the areas of the following:
Energy Efficient motor technology
20-30% better energy-efficient motor technology for fan, pump, mixer grinder with marginal or no cost hike compared with existing motor
Instant heating or cooling
Instant heating or cooling the liquid faster than the existing product. That technology or product should be compact, lightweight & green technology.
- Heating – 25-90 C
- Cooling – 30-10 C
Achieve 3-5 C temperature difference while heating or cooling the room without refrigerant
Thermal management material or technology
Heat absorbing/ retention material help to reduce the temperature or maintain the temperature
Health benefit light
A light in the form of a lamp can provide some nutritional/health benefit to the user
Gadgets for personal productivity
A new product that can reduce user effort in day to day life
Product for kitchen appliance
A new product which will replace existing products/technology in Kitchen space in the aspect
- Lower power consumption
- Improve the nutritional value of food
- Lightweight & compact
- Assisting during food preparation for convenience & comfort ( dough making/ chopping/ cutting/ cooking) product
Biodegradable package material
Cost-effective biodegradable package solution
Crompton Design Challenge – Application Procedure
Crompton – Startup India Design Challenge would be organized in 3 phases.
- Phase-1: Shortlisting of POCs and Solutions having strong potential
- Phase-2: Selected 25 Startups will pitch product and business plan
- Phase-3: Selected Startups will get the chance to work with Crompton
- To apply for the Challenge, The applicant is required to access the official webpage of Startup India.
- From the home page click on the Programs option and then select View all active programs.
- By clicking on the Challenges from the new page, the list of active Challenges will be displayed. Click on the Crompton – Startup India Design Challenge, the link will redirect to a new page
- Click on the apply now option; the Startup India login page will be displayed. The existing users of Startup India can log in to the portal to apply for the program.
- New users need to register on the portal to get the user credential. By clicking on the register now option, the applicant can provide all mandatory details for registration.
- The application form for National Innovation Challenge will be displayed:
- Once the applications are submitted, an Offline review of applications will be done by Crompton leadership. Assessment Criteria/Selection parameters are as follows:
- Novelty/Patented concept or product or technology (50% Weightage)
- Feasibility for mass production (25% Weightage)
- Product or technology value proportion (25% Weightage)
- The selected startups will be invited for one on one business pitch session with Crompton leadership to discuss collaboration opportunities in greater detail.
- Once the final selection is over, Selected 4 Startups will get the chance to work with Crompton
Terms and conditions for Winner
Tax, if applicable, may be deducted at source from the award money
The Gratification is not for sale or resale, non-transferable, non-refundable, and cannot be exchanged/redeemed for any other item. Further, apart from entitlement to the Gratification, the winner shall have no other rights or claim against the Company.