Bihar Mukhyamantri Vridhajan Pension Yojana (MVPY)
The Bihar Government has announced a universal old age pension scheme called Mukhyamantri Vridhajan Pension Yojana (MVPY). The scheme applies to all senior citizens, wherein a sum of Rs. 400 is provided to the beneficiaries as pension. The scheme can be availed by all senior citizens irrespective of their caste, income, community and religion.
Objective of the Scheme
The Bihar Mukhyamantri Vridhajan Pension Yojana (MVPY) scheme provides financial assistance to senior citizens of the state. This funding is provided to make all senior citizens in the State independent in their old age.
Features of MVPY
The highlights of Mukhyamantri Vridhajan Pension Yojana are as follows:
- The scheme was announced on 13th February 2019.
- The scheme covers all individuals who are above 60 years of age.
- The beneficiaries would be provided with a sum of Rs. 400 as monthly pension.
- This pension fund would be offered until the death of the individual.
- The pension amount of the scheme would be directly deposited in the bank holder’s account.
- The scheme will be implemented from 1st April 2019.
Eligibility of MVPY
The following are the eligibility criteria for the scheme:
- The applicant has to be a permanent resident of the State.
- The applicant should have completed 60 years of age.
- The applicant should not be retired government employee, in order to avail the benefits of the scheme.
- The applicant should belong to Below Poverty Line category.
All eligible beneficiaries should possess the following documents.
- Aadhar Card
- Income Certificate
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Voter’s ID
- Bank Account
- Bank Name
- Bank Branch
The application procedure for Mukhyamantri Vridhajan Pension Yojana is not launched. Once the procedure is finalised by the chief officials, eligible candidates can apply for the scheme in the state portal. Also, this page will be updated as soon as the information is received.
Along with this scheme, the government has announced a pension scheme for old aged journalists called Bihar Patrakar Samman Yojana. Under this scheme, the beneficiaries are provided with a sum of Rs. 6000 as monthly pension. There is a similar pension scheme available in Odisha state and can be read more here about Nirman Shramik Pension Yojana.