Atal Amrit Abhiyan Scheme
Atal Amrit Abhiyan Scheme
The Indian Government has launched a cashless healthcare scheme for the citizens of Assam known as Atal Amrit Abhiyan. The scheme is as an initiative to improve the well-being of the people in Assam. People whose annual income is less than 5 lakhs are eligible for the scheme.
The Government takes measures to develop the health of the people by providing them with free and cashless medical treatment covering up to Rs. 2 lakhs every year.
Benefits of the Scheme
Once applied to the scheme, the applicant can receive the following benefits:
- Cashless medical health care and treatment
- Free medical care up to Rs. 2 lakhs
- Aids six common and high-cost treatment diseases like Cancer, Kidney diseases, Neurological conditions, Neo-natal diseases, Burns and Cardiovascular diseases.
- The patient to be treated can be admitted without any payment
- The treatment covers expenses like consultations, medicine, diagnostics, food and hospital
- In addition to this, the travel expenses of visiting people, treatment, the daily allowance is also covered in this scheme
The eligibility criteria for this scheme is as follows:
- The individual should be a citizen of Assam
- The individual should possess a ration card issued by the Government of Assam under the National Food Security Act
- The individual who belongs to the below poverty line (annual income less than Rs. 1.2 lakh) and an individual who belongs to the above poverty line (annual income between Rs. 1.2 lakh and Rs. 5lakhs) are eligible
- Families whose annual income is less than Rs. 5 lakhs can apply
- Government employees are not eligible to apply for this scheme
The following documents are necessary to apply for the scheme:
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Income Certificate
- Birth Certificate if the applicant is less than 18 years of age
- National Food Security Act Card (if required)
How to Apply
Given below are the steps that are necessary to apply for this scheme:
Step 1: Visit the enrollment centre
The applicant has to visit the nearest Atal Amrit Abhiyan enrollment centre.
Step 2: Documents Verification
The concerned officer verifies all the documents that are necessary to apply for this scheme.
Step 3: Receiving the Challan
The applicant of the Above Poverty Line receives a challan of Rs. 100 that has to be deposited in the bank along with the annual premium.
Step 4: Acquiring fingerprints
Once the verification is done, the Above Poverty Line officer takes a photograph and acquires the fingerprints of the applicant.
Step 5: Issuing of the Card
After completing the application procedures, the Atal Amrit Abhiyan ID card will be issued to the applicant.Atal Amrit Abhiyan Application Format