Assam Records of Rights – Jamabandi
Assam Records of Rights – Jamabandi
Assam Record of Rights (Jamabandi) is an extract from the land records registers held by the Revenue Department of State Government. ROR contains detailed information about the land property and history of holders of land. This document is a crucial indicator of the legal status of a property. The Record of Rights or Jamabandi register is maintained in the Revenue Department for every village separately. Government issues certified copies of entries in the record of rights to citizens of Assam. In this article, we look at the procedure to obtain a certified copy of Assam Records of Rights or Jamabandi in detail.
Know more about Assam Land Holding Certificate
Importance of Assam Records of Rights
Importance of Assam records of rights or Jamabandi is given in detail below:
- Records of Rights or Jamabandi certifies the real owner of a property
- This land record is used to detect false claim on the property
- Usage of a certified copy of records of rights or Jamabandi avoids land grabbing
- Manipur Jamabandi can be used in court litigations related to property in an urban area
- Records of Rights (ROR) will help holder to avoid any legal hassles in the future
Uses of Assam Records of Rights
The following are some of the significant purposes of Assam Records of Rights:
- In Assam, Jamabandi is used to check the ownership of an ancestral land or any other land.
- Certified copy Jamabandi can be used to know about land type, and the variety of activities carried out on land.
- Assam Record of Rights is a vital document to obtain information regarding an agricultural aspect of the land and its surrounding areas.
- Jamabandi is required at Registrar’s office when sale transaction of the property is being done.
- Assam records of rights or Jamabandi is a vital document to raise farm creditor to get a loan from a bank.
- The court needs land record proofs in case of any civil litigation. Certified copy of ROR can be produced for this purpose.
- To buy land in Assam, it is mandatory to check the Jamabandi of the seller and ensure his or her ownership of the area.
- To obtain a flat, buyer has to check the ownership of the land (Jamabandi) on which the flat is being constructed.
Attributes in Assam Records of Rights
The Assam Records of Rights extract contains the following information about land or property.
- Changes in ownership
- Nature and limits of owner’s rights and conditions
- Mutation numbers
- Type of soil (agricultural or non-agricultural)
- Survey number of the land
- Type of irrigation (irrigated kind or rainfed nature)
- Area of the earth – Fit for cultivation
- Details of charges of attachment and decrees under the order of the civil court or revenue authorities
- The field in possession of each landholder and the classification of each area are entered from the Chitha.
- Details pending loans for buying seeds, pesticides or fertilisers
- Information regarding the type of crops planted in the last cultivating season
- Aspects of pending litigations, if any
- Aspects of tax paid and unpaid taxes
- Details of loan taken by the landowner
The certified copy of Assam records of the rights or Jamabandi will be granted only if there is no dispute regarding its ownership and the concerned land should not Assam Government land or assigned land belonging to the Government.
Know more about Assam Land Valuation Certificate
Processing Time for Assam Records of Rights
The time required for the complete process of issuing Assam certified copy of records of rights after the submission of application form is seven days.
For processing certified copy of Assam records of rights, a service charge of Rs.50 needs to be paid.
Documents Required for Assam Records of Rights
The below-mentioned supporting documents need to be submitted for obtaining a certified copy of Assam records of rights.
- ROR application form
- Up to date Land Revenue Receipt. (Khajana Receipt)
- Copy of Land Deed.
The Circle Officer or Assistant Settlement Officer is the prescribed authority for issuing the certified copy of records of rights.
Applying certified copy of Assam Records of Rights through CSC
Procedure for applying the certified copy of Records of Rights or Jamabandi through CSC is explained in detail below.
Step 1: Applicant has to approach the nearest CSC centre, for applying the certified copy of Assam Records of Rights.
Submit an Application
Step 2: The applicant needs to submit an application in prescribed format along with documents for the copy of Jamabandi at CSC Centre. Provide details of land such as Revenue Village Number, Name, Patta Number, Dag Number, Patta Number, Land Class, Area, Applicant details and Reason for applying the certificate.ISSUE OF RECORDS OF RIGHT (JAMABANDI)
Step 3: Pay the applicable fee to the CSC operator for processing land holding certificate and issue the same. Get acknowledgement slip with application reference number from CSC operator. Note this unique reference number for future reference.
Step 4: The request for the certified copy of Assam Records of Rights will be processed online through Assam Revenue Department. The status of the Jamabandi application will be updated through SMS.
Step 5: The concerned authority, i.e., Circle Officer or Assistant Settlement Officer, will process the landholding certificate online and forward the application to Lot Mandal or Supervising Kanungo for validation and after successful verification, the concerned authority will approve the certified copy of Jamabandi request.
Once the request for a Jamabandi is accepted, an SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number as the application has been approved.
Get a Certified copy of Assam Records of Rights
Once the concerned authority approves the request, then the certified copy of records of rights can be obtained from CSC centre. Provide application number to CSC person and get Jamabandi copy.
Applying for the certified copy of Assam Records of Rights through Online
Certified copy of Assam Records of rights can be obtained online via the Assam e-District portal. Here is a step by step guideline for getting the Jamabandi copy.
Step 1: Applicant needs to Access the main page of the Official website of Government of Assam.
Step 2: You have to register in the portal for availing certificate services (apply ROR copy ). Click on sign-in option from the home page.
Step 3: By clicking on this, the link will redirect to the login page, click on create account option for the register in the Assam e-District portal.
Step 4: Provide details such as Name, Date of Birth, Gender and Email ID for registration. After entering the text verification code, click on the save button.
Login to the Portal
Step 5: Upon registration, the activation link will be sent to the registered mail ID. Click on that, your account will be activated. You can now log in to the Assam e-District portal using username and password.
Provide Land Details
Step 6: After login to the portal, select certificate service as a certified copy of Assam Records of Rights. The link will be redirected to the next page.
- Revenue Village Number and Name
- Patta Number
- Dag Number
- Land Class
- Applicant details
- Reason for applying the certificate
You can save the entered all details by clicking on save and next button.
Step 7: Applicant can make fee payment online by a secured payment gateway, through Assam online page.
Step 8: The payment can be made directly to the Assam Government online account and subsequently the applicable fee will be transferred to the appropriate Treasury.
Step 9: After a successful payment, a receipt will be generated, and the task will be redirected to through Assam Revenue Department
Step 10: The concerned authority, i.e., Circle Officer or Assistant Settlement Officer, will process the landholding certificate online and forward the application to Lot Mandal or Supervising Kanungo for validation and after successful verification, the concerned authority will approve the certified copy of Jamabandi request.
Status of Assam Records of Rights Application
Once an application for certified copy of records of rights is submitted online and prescribed fees are paid, the concern will process the landholding certificate and issue the same. You can track the application status online via Assam e-District Portal.
Provide application number and click on status, Jamabandi copy application status will be displayed.
View and Download Assam Records of Rights
Once the concerned authority approves the request, the certified copy of records of rights will be digitally signed by Circle Officer or Assistant Settlement Officer. Approved certificate number will be updated through registered mail ID.
You can download digitally signed land holding certificate from the e-District portal. Provide certificate number and click on submit. After verifying all details in the certificate, download a copy of records of rights.
Records of Rights Register are maintained separately for periodic evaluation and annual leases in the Circle Office.