Aapki Beti Hamari Beti Scheme
Aapki Beti Hamari Beti Scheme
The Government of Haryana has initiated the scheme entitled “Aapki Beti Hamari Beti” in which the Government grants a subsidy of Rs. 21,000 to the families on birth of the first girl child. This scheme aims to finance for the economic empowerment of persons belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SC) families those who are living below the poverty line. In this article, we look at the quantum of assistance, eligibility and application procedure of Aapki Beti Hamari Beti Scheme in detail.
Objective of the Scheme
The primary objective of the Aapki Beti Hamari Beti scheme is to eliminate child mortality rate and child marriage cases in society. This scheme aims to improve girl child ratio and also promotes girls education in the state. This scheme is implemented in both rural and urban areas.
The below following are the eligibility criteria required to apply for the Aapki Beti Hamari Beti:
- All the beneficiaries must be a native of Haryana state.
- A family must belong to the EWS (Economically Weaker Section).
- All families whose second girl child will get the one time grant of Rs. 21,000 irrespective of caste, creed, religion, income and number of sons.
- In the case of twins or multiple girls, a one time grant of Rs. 21,000 will be provided to the eligible families.
- The Below Poverty Line (BPL) families are eligible for this scheme.
- The applicant should be financially vulnerable.
- The beneficial couple should not be income taxpayers.
- The applicant must not receive any financial assistance or pension from the Government or other local bodies of Governments.
The applicants must furnish the below following documents along with the Application Form to apply for the Aapki Beti Hamari Beti Scheme:
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar, Driving License, Voter ID Card, etc.
- Address Proof: Aadhar, Valid Passport, Utility bill, Property tax bill, etc.
- Income Certificate
- Recent passport size photographs
- Financial background of applicants (BPL Certificate)
Benefits of Aapki Beti Hamari Beti Scheme
Aapki Beti Hamari Beti Scheme has various benefits associated with its use, which is listed below:
- The government grants benefits in the form of financial assistance to the parents on the birth of the first girl child.
- The beneficiaries will get the subsidy in their account at the fixed time frame by the government.
- This scheme aims to create sustainable growth of all these people that further helps with improving their standard of living in society.
Application Procedure for the Scheme
Aapki Beti Hamari Beti Scheme can be applied by providing the applications along with the information of the persons who want to avail the benefits of this scheme. The applicants will have to fill in the enrollment forms and submit them to the Anganwadi centres. Then the respective department will make the verification process and prepare the beneficiary list.
Note: Applicant will have to visit the official portal of Haryana Woman and Child Development Department to download the application form in PDF format.